Checkpoint Certified Security Expert certification is a professional level certification in network security domain. As Checkpoint is a large internet security services provider worldwide. The Checkpoint Security certification can leads to a bright career in network security field. The Checkpoint certificate holders are eligible to sell Checkpoint products and have a two year access to the latest advancement in technologies of the world through SecureKnowledge Database and product documentation resource.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert is an advance course through which candidates can configure, manage and troubleshoot Checkpoint security systems on the GAIA operating System. This certification is mainly aimed for System Administrators, Security Managers, and System Engineers and the Checkpoint Certified Security Administrators to upgrade their knowledge with advancement in security services.
Checkpoints CCSE R77 related certification is mentioned below:
- Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator (CCSA R77), a certification of Information Technology Administrators to manage daily network operations and security issues using Checkpoint security solutions and is also assumed as a prerequisite for CCSE.
CCSE R77 is an advanced certification in network security domain. The main objective of the certification is to enhance candidate's knowledge and skills on Checkpoint security products and get practical training. Few of the objectives of the certification are mentioned below:
- The objective of the certification is to test the candidate's ability of building, testing and troubleshooting a clustered security gateway.
- To make candidates capable of upgrading and troubleshooting a management server.
- Security acceleration solutions configuration and management.
- To test the ability of Configuration, management and optimization of the corporate Virtual Private Networks.
- To test the skill of Management and resolving security administration issues.
Certification Exam Format
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert exam focuses on building, deploying, modifying and troubleshooting Checkpoint Security systems and services on GAIA operating system. The candidate appearing for the exam should have complete knowledge of the Checkpoint Technologies and should be able to deploy security policies on the platforms. The exam covers the topics of network traffic analysis and managing network connections, user authentication issues and configuration and management of Virtual Private Networks. A candidate should have knowledge of resolving network security issues and threats.
The CCSE online exam number is 156-315-77 and it comprises of 60 questions which are of multiple choice form. And total time allowed to attempt is 90 minutes.
Checkpoint certifications are valid for two years. After that period candidate has to reappear in the exam to save his certification. For CCSE R77 certification an update exam is available to save your score. The update exam number is 156-915.77. This exam is designed to test knowledge of the candidate about latest product releases and security technologies. However candidate has to prepare full CCSE course to pass the exam and CCSE certification is a prerequisite for the CCSE R77 update exam.
A candidate appearing for CCSE R77 exam should have used Windows Server, UNIX networking and TCP/IP work experience. Another important prerequisite for CCSE R77 is the Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator certification R70 or later.
Skills and benefits
The Checkpoint Certified Security Expert certification is very useful and beneficial in network security domain. The certificate holders can excel in their career by more specialized and wide knowledge in security domain.
- The CCSE certified person is able to analyze numerous deployment scenarios i.e. by configuring, testing and troubleshooting.
- A certified person is able to troubleshoot Checkpoint security systems.
- The main advantage of CCSE over CCSA (Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator) is migration to clustering security solution.
The certificate holder is eligible to manage corporate Virtual Private Networks.
- A CCSE certified person can secure corporate internal and external resources by managing secure access to these resources.
- The hands on exercises of the course teach candidate firewall processes debugging, VPN optimization and management server up gradation.
After completing CCSE R77 certification professionals can move on to following top level certifications in the Checkpoint security certification hierarchy.
- Checkpoint Managed Security Expert (CCMSE), providing expertise in multidomain security management.
- Checkpoint Certified Security master (CCSM), a technical and top level certification in hierarchy providing time saving commands to manage and troubleshoot security systems.