ITIL certification: examination overview
ITIL certification: examination overview
ITIL foundation ensures that you obtain skills and knowledge required in the implementation and delivery of proper services and also an opportunity to relate in a professional manner with other ITIL certified personnel. The ITIL certification ensures that individuals acquire the required skills and knowledge for proper implementation and maintenance of the Information Technology services. In addition, individuals get the opportunity of perfectly understanding the ITIL processes that create and enhance improvement in the IT organizations. The ITIL processes ensure that there is standardization of all the strategic approaches that are usually adapted. It also measures the return on investments in all the IT organizations that have adopted the ITIL framework.
All individuals interested in having an understanding of the ITIL processes are therefore eligible to sit for the exam, pass and attain the certification.
Who need do this certification?
In order to attain the certification it is fundamental to have an in depth understanding of the ITIL processes that promote better service delivery. It is therefore suitable for team leaders, IT security managers, Web designers, Architectures, Business managers, professionals who work in ITIL organizations and any other interested party since certifications mainly dwell on ITIL processes and their equivalent management techniques.
The ITIL Foundation certification is important because it helps an enterprise drastically reduce costs in a more effective manner. It ensures there is better governance of resources that leads to improved IT services since the best practices are usually adopted. Individuals with the ITIL Foundation certification have proven to be very efficient because organizations that have adopted this system have recorded increased service productivity and massive customer satisfaction and reduction of customer complaints.
ITIL processes embraces an approach that is purely based on a common framework, it ensures there is neutrality in terms of service delivery on all levels of the implementation platform, it is also identified as non prescriptive in that it can be adopted and adapted by all organizations regardless of their location, mode of operation and structure of the organization as a whole. It ensures that only the best practices are always adopted in a friendly environment. It is evident that organizations using these ITIL processes have continually grown and productivity has also increased that has intensively created value to the companies both locally and internationally.
Individuals have the choice of either sitting for the ITSM exam that instills the same skills and knowledge or the PMP certification exam. The above exams are adopted in most of the training centers that specialize in ITIL.
This highly depends on the level of the certification.
- The ITIL master requires certification from the lower levels which include ITIL expert, ITIL intermediate and the ITIL Foundation certification.
- One is also required to have enough experience and knowledge in IT and more proficient in web development.
- ITIL Expert certification requires the intermediate and the foundation level accreditation.
- The Intermediate level requires the ITIL Foundation certification that does not have any prior requirements.
The candidates are required to fully understand the ITIL processes that are usually the main area of interest in the exams.
The ITIL processes include
- Management controls
They are considered as the most effective if all the objectives set are attained successfully. Each of the ITIL process has a specific owner and the candidates are required to identify the correct owners for each of the above processes. They have to be then documented in order to ensure there are better ITIL service management processes.
The candidates are also required to understand the following domains:
- Business processes
- Information Technology processes
- ITIL service lifecycle
- Service strategy
- Service design
- Service transition
- Service operation
They are also required to have relevant skills and knowledge required for the practical part of the exam and in order to achieve this they are required comprehend and be aware of all the knowledge acquired in ITIL Processes.
Validity of certificate
The ITIL certificate is valid for three years after which it requires renewal by sitting for the latest exam in the relevant category.
The most remarkable advantage of the certification is the opportunity to get better promotions in career and to increase business communication. This certification has enabled me acquire lifetime ambition and help to other people to get proper prestige in community. It is essential for all professional.’
Microsoft consultant, Microsoft Company, California, USA
Related IT Guides
- Green Belt Certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- ITIL: Build Your Career
- ITIL certifications, more accent on existing training methods
- Project Management Professional Certification
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on required exams
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification: topics
- CISSP Exam
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on existing training methods
- Six Sigma Course
- Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma
- Six Sigma certification: how to achieve
- CISSP: training methods
- ITIL v3 foundation: preparing for exam
- Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma overview
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- ITIL V3 Foundation
- Six Sigma
- PMI PMP will introduce you to the project management career
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification overview
- Six Sigma certifications - for your career
- Six Sigma Black Belt Training
- CISSP practice exam
- ISC2 CISSP
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
Money Back Guarantee
Pass4sure has a remarkable Candidate Success record. We're confident of our products and provide a no hassle money back guarantee.
Who Chooses Pass4sure
Pass4sure is the world's largest certification preparation company with 99.3% Pass Rate History from 188451+ Satisfied Customers in 145 Countries.
Secure Shopping Experience
Your purchase with Pass4sure is safe and fast. Your products will be available for immediate download after your payment has been received.
The Pass4sure website is protected by 256-bit SSL from McAfee, the leader in online security.
Need help assistance? Contact us!