ITIL certifications: topics of exams
ITIL certifications are available in four levels and they are all fundamental because they serve as prerequisites for the next higher level of certification. Once one level is completed, an individual earns credit that is important especially in organizations that have adopted the ITIL framework. One is therefore required to attain twenty two credits in order to qualify for the ITIL expert qualification that is regarded as one of the most important certifications that enables an individual implement the correct procedures in ensuring improved information technology service management.
The four levels of qualifications of the ITIL certifications are ITIL Master, ITIL Expert, ITIL intermediate and ITIL Foundation. With the proper training the ITIL certification ensures there is provision of cohesive practices and improved quality of information technology services.
Who can do this certification?
The ITIL certifications target individuals who require both basic and deeper understanding of the ITIL framework that is readily available in the ITIL PDF. The certifications are also appropriate for IT professionals who work in organizations that have fully adopted the ITIL conceptual framework. Some of the levels are required by individuals who intend to specialize in more advanced levels of the ITIL certification.
Generally, ITIL certifications are required by IT security managers, web designers, web specialists and other service managers.
The ITIL certifications are important because most of the companies both locally and internationally have adapted the ITIL that ensures there is improvement of service delivery. Moreover, through provision of systematic approach, ITIL ensures that there is reduced cost in resource utilization, the best processes are followed which have drastically led to improved IT services. This has in turn has led to customer satisfaction that has promoted growth of most of the IT firms. ITIL ensures that there is improved productivity and introduction of services that are more profound.
ITIL certifications ensure that one acquires improved skills and experience required in service delivery and acquisition of positive results within the set budget. Through ITIL, strategic approaches are usually followed and minor adjustments are usually made since the ITIL specialists identify defaults in the systems before they occur. The organizations that use professionals with this certification obtain sustainable techniques that are used to manage properly all its services.
The candidates have the option of sitting for the PMP certification exam. This is because they acquire skills and knowledge that promotes better management services within the organization.
The four levels have varied prior requirements and these can be easily identified and understood using the ITIL PDF.
- ITIL Foundation certification has no prior requirements and any individual interested can therefore sit for the exam.
- ITIL Intermediate Accreditation requires an individual to have the qualified ITIL Foundation certification with enough experience in the field.
- The ITIL Expert certificate requires both ITIL Foundation and the ITIL Expert certification and to acquire the certification an individual is to possess twenty credits.
- The ITIL master requires the individual to achieve the ITIL service expert certification and technical knowledge in information technology.
The ITIL PDF provides the comprehensive details that the candidates are required to understand before sitting for the actual exams.
The ITIL Foundation exam covers the following topics:
- Service management usually as a practice
- The ITIL service lifecycle
- Generic concepts and its definitions
- Key principles and models
- Selected processes
- Selected functions
- Selected roles
- Technology and architecture
- Competence and training
ITIL Intermediate exam covers the following topics:
- Service Strategy
- Service design
- Service transition
- Service operation
- Continual service improvement
- Planning, Protection and Optimization
- Service Offerings and Agreements
- Operational Support and Analysis
Candidates undertaking the ITIL master exam are required to understand the following:
- Management of cultural and organizational change
- ITSM capabilities
- Organizational audit and certification
- Service and resource utilization
- The industrial changes and implementation techniques.
Validity of certification
The ITIL certifications are valid for a period of three years after which the holders are required to renew the status by either sitting for the latest exam in the appropriate category. Moreover, they can opt to advance to higher levels and attain new certification once the initial one expires.
This qualification helps in doing jobs more effectively. Weekly IT review meeting used to be a real challenge but now there I built up of confidentiality to communicate to the authority and provide suggestions backed up with real technical understanding.
IT administrator, Dell Inc, Cruikshank, St Port Melbourne, Australia
Related IT Guides
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification: topics
- Six Sigma Black Belt Training
- ITIL certification: examination overview
- PMI PMP will introduce you to the project management career
- PMI PMP certification - for competing people
- Six Sigma: skill levels
- Project Management Professional Certification overview
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification
- CISSP practice exam
- Six Sigma certifications - for your career
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on existing training methods
- Six Sigma
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on preparation methods
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification overview
- ISC2 CISSP certificates
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- ITIL Certifications overview
- PMP study guide
- Six Sigma certifications: exam questions
- ISC2 CISSP
- CISSP certifications: examination topics
- PMI PMP certification, more accent on required exams
- Earn your PMP cerification
- PMI PMP Overview
- Project Management Professional Certification
- ITIL V3 Foundation - for all who looking to uplift their career
- Six Sigma certifications
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification overview
- CISSP Exam
Money Back Guarantee
Pass4sure has a remarkable Candidate Success record. We're confident of our products and provide a no hassle money back guarantee.
Who Chooses Pass4sure
Pass4sure is the world's largest certification preparation company with 99.3% Pass Rate History from 188450+ Satisfied Customers in 145 Countries.
Secure Shopping Experience
Your purchase with Pass4sure is safe and fast. Your products will be available for immediate download after your payment has been received.
The Pass4sure website is protected by 256-bit SSL from McAfee, the leader in online security.
Need help assistance? Contact us!